Just a short one, but something that I thought I should document, because it bit me.
When I took the excellent Coursera course on functional programming in Scala, I wanted to use IntelliJ IDEA, because I wasn’t particularly enthralled with trying to learn eclipse as well as learn Scala. I found the SBT plugin to generate IDEA project files, and configured my sbt globally to take advantage of it.
After the completion of the course, I started working on learning Play, just to start a new project. Unfortunately, Play comes with it’s own, and yet exactly the same, version of the IDEA generation plugin. It is in the same namespace, and so collides with the existing one. The only solution is to disable the globally configured SBT one for the duration of working with Play.
It’s not a very good solution, but it does get it working again.